Whystockit requires information from users in the registration process, which allows these users to participate in all the services provided by Whystockit. Whystockit respects the privacy of its users and would protect the personal information that is provided by their users.
Type of Information Collected
In the registration process Whystockit would ask for the following information from its users.
- Full Name
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
When signing up using Google’s sign in, Twitter sign in, or Facebook sign in the information above would be provided from the above stated websites. More information might be required if the information from the above website is not complete.
To buy now or make an offer more information is required. Whystockit would need the following information from the users to enable them to buy now/make an offer/sell using our website.
- Credit/debit card details
- Shipping address
- Viewed items on website
- Search history on website
- Previously bought items
- Items made an offer on
Please note that your credit/debit card would not be charged unless a transaction was made using the website.
Some information about our users would be collected automatically to enhance the user experience on our website. Whystockit could collect the following information from users without prior notice.
How Does Whystockit Use the Information Collected?
- The main reason information is collected by Whystockit is to make the website easier to use. The following is a list of all the ways Whystockit would use your information
- To verify that you are the one using/controlling your account
- To protect the users from fraud
- To proceed with a transaction
- To display relevant items that you might be looking for
- To contact the users with marketing communications
- To advertise relevant information that might be relevant to you
- To ensure that you, the user, are correctly following Whystockit’s Terms and Conditions
- Social media plugins: These social media embed plugins in our website and may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites.
- Third Parties and Partners: Whystockit may share your information with third parties like dealer and valuators, which help our users buy/sell their items. We may also share your information with third party companies that we trust and work closely with like for example a mail-marketing provider.
- Required by law: Whystockit would share your information when we are required to do so by law, for fraud detection, and in connection with an investigation of suspected unlawful activities.
- Changes in Administration: in the event where Whystockit is sold fully or partially, your personal information would be transferred.
Whystockit may share your information with the following parties and for the following purposes: